Saturday, August 23, 2008

Tropical "depression" Fay

Well, my first post is marked by a memorable occasion- "Tropical Depression" Fay. Buckets of rain have been pouring from the sky so incessantly, that it's as if the oceans have been sucked up into these endless clouds. If this keeps up, then in two days I fear that all of Florida shall join the Lost City of Atlantis. Though life in the water has always seemed very appealing to me, I can't help but wonder how long it would take before I would start to look like a raisin. Though, on a more serious side, I can't even begin to fathom all the houses that have been destroyed. Even my own grandparents have fled to our house, leaving behind three fully stocked refrigerators, and a recently replaced carpet (in almost the entire house!). The news doesn't help much either. All day I've either been forced to watch the dismal reports, or one of those "this could happen to YOU!" shows about nice people that die because of stupid things- I saw the same couple, die in the same snowstorm, twice. All in all, full day. Cabin fever is beginning to set in, and rain or shine, TOMORROW I AM LEAVING THIS HOUSE! : )

No comments: